Several senior citizens in southern Canada required medical help after eating cannabis chocolate brownies served at a community lunch, Canadian media reported.
Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) launched an investigation into how the drug found its way into the chocolate treats given to elderly people in the tiny Ontario township of Whitestone.
Police said 10 people needed medical attention after eating the brownies, with some saying they felt dizzy and disoriented, and others experiencing nausea and vomiting.
OPP constable Miles Loach told CBC News that police officers would try to track down where the brownies came from.
“These luncheons are catered,” he said. “It’s still part of the investigation whether that was what happened … [that] somebody brought the wrong batch or somebody spiked them.”
The incident happened at the community centre in Whitestone, a community of just over 900 people around 185 miles north of Toronto.